Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd gen video bypass - NON NAV CARS ONLY

2nd gen video bypass - NON NAV CARS ONLY

Hello, Everyone my name is Tony and im new to this site. I just traded in my 05 ob g35 coupe for a new 08 ip journey. This will be my first post so im going to make it worth it

Okay let get to the point. First off these procedures was perform on my Automatic 08 Journey base model with no Nav. Please be advice that do these procedures at your own risk. Because im not responsible for any damage you might do to your car. I know that it is illegal to drive with your movie/tv on in many states so check with your state laws and regulation and use at your own risk also be advice that this will NOT BE COVER UNDER WARRANTY ANYMORE so yeah its your choice. Okay now that is over with let get on with the fun…

First off DO NOT START THE ENGINE. Without your foot on the
    brake push the start button once. This will turn on the ac power for the car. Next apply the ebrake all the way to the floor then step your foot on the brake and move your shifter to D(drive) positon. (just a reminder dont release the e-brake untill you have putted the shift back into P(park) positon)

Okay to take off the AT shift knob you will need to grab and push down on the silver ring.

Next you'll see and a clip, you want to pull back as the way the arrow is shown.

Next tape up along both side on the console like how i did in the picture this was done to avoid any scratch or damage to the surface when im removing the units. Now stick your finger into the shift boot and try to pull up the console.

This is to show you where the clip is located on both side

Now located these 2 bolts and unscrew them.

Next pull the unit outward and downward alittle and it'll come out.

Now you want to unclip the 3 plug except for the one in the red circle because when i tried to unclip it that thing is super hard to come off so dont take any risk by trying to take it off.

Next located these 2 bolts and unscrew them.

Now stick your hand in there and pull out the central air vents/control unit.

This what both unit will look like off the dash.

Next located these 2 bolts and unscrew them.

Now with both hand slowly pull the monitor out and unclip the plug in the back.

This what look like with everything off except for the radio/cd unit still attach.

Next to take off the radio/cd until you will need to loacte these 2 bolts and unscrew them.

Now look at the back of the unit and you'll see all these plugs. You want to unplug the one i cicle in red.

This is how the plug should looks like with all these color wiring. If your harness wires match with mind then cut these 2 wire i circle in red. One is light blue (parking brake) and the other is light gray (VSS).

Now connect a wire to the light blue wire coming out of the plug. Remember to tape up the tip of all the other wires that you have cutted.

Now put back the radio/cd unit in place and screw in the 2 bolts. This is where im going to mount my ground.

Next you want to reinstall the monitor then screw in the 2 bolts and attach the ground wire to either side.

Then reverse the step and put back all the pieces and remember to re-clip them plugs back in.

Now do the test. I plugged in my dvd player and put the shifter back to P(park) released the e-brake and started the car. Switch to AUX and BINGO

See how the brake light is not on while the dvd is playing.

Last edited by aznracer305; 05-22-2009 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Pictures are back up ENJOY!!!

louieginzo Guest
    woww nice wright up thanx
    i wish it was nav tho lol

I added a link to this thread on the bigger DIY sticky...

And a couple of comments... you can always stick your finger at the bottom of the shifter boot and pull up, instead of using any butter knife or anything of the sort to unclip the trim piece...

And I believe your clip is on backwards... in my case the closed end of the clip is forward, towards the front of the car. Although I guess it's possible that it fits both ways.

Oh, and somehow I don't think that's a suitable ground... but whatever. If it works, who cares...

good stuff bro, but i dont think im ready to run a risk liek that yet

Quote Originally Posted by Viguera View Post
    I added a link to this thread on the bigger DIY sticky...

And a couple of comments... you can always stick your finger at the bottom of the shifter boot and pull up, instead of using any butter knife or anything of the sort to unclip the trim piece...

And I believe your clip is on backwards... in my case the closed end of the clip is forward, towards the front of the car. Although I guess it's possible that it fits both ways.

Oh, and somehow I don't think that's a suitable ground... but whatever. If it works, who cares...
    kool i didnt even know that you could pull it up by the shift boot ill edit the post before someone actually use a butter knife like myself

as for the ground i double check it and the bolt is actually bolted down onto a run across frame but like you said it work right

Quote Originally Posted by MasterPaBs2484 View Post
    good stuff bro, but i dont think im ready to run a risk liek that yet
    Do it.

DO IT.

I just think its awesome you were playin the terribly acted Initial-D DVD in your car....that was in Chinese even though the original was a Japanese production...not gonna lie though I love that movie! lol

where did that thick black wire come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Pdubz View Post
    where did that thick black wire come from?
    i connected it to the light blue wire that i cut shown in the pic above

nice job.
    this dang navi is hindering me from doing this. i should just in stall a 50" plasma and end it at that.

Do it.

DO IT.

Hey Vig I know you are pretty good with stuff like this. Want to get together one day and do this to my car?
    What kind of dvd player did you use?

damn this is nice and very simple, but I dont have the heart to open my month and A half baby up... Plus to me its not really worth it just for videos.. I dont have navi but I want to in future... ( didn't have the extra $5000 for the fukin pkgs)

Quote Originally Posted by G35 S View Post
    Hey Vig I know you are pretty good with stuff like this. Want to get together one day and do this to my car?
    What kind of dvd player did you use?
    Didn't we have this discussion before?

My dvd player and stuff is in that Project V thread.

And you can see from the pictures that this is a 5 minute job, if that. Go do it... can't get any easier than that...

Didn't we have this discussion before?

My dvd player and stuff is in that Project V thread.

And you can see from the pictures that this is a 5 minute job, if that. Go do it... can't get any easier than that...
    I did see it in your project V thread but I dont have the balls and the heart to do it myself

I did see it in your project V thread but I dont have the balls and the heart to do it myself
    Grow a pair, Sally.

But we'll see one of these days when I have some time. I'm telling you it's a 2 minute job.

I still got a lot of work to do to my car, even after I finish this paddle thing, so one day when I bring it to the shop maybe we can hook up.

Grow a pair, Sally.

But we'll see one of these days when I have some time. I'm telling you it's a 2 minute job.

I still got a lot of work to do to my car, even after I finish this paddle thing, so one day when I bring it to the shop maybe we can hook up.
    Let me know Vig. I know its a easy job but I just dont got the heart to do it myself.

Let me know Vig. I know its a easy job but I just dont got the heart to do it myself.
    poosay.

do it do it

does the brake light stay on forever after this right??? That's what I read somewhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by Desiboi View Post
    does the brake light stay on forever after this right??? That's what I read somewhere else...
    nope the e-brake is off as shown in this pic.